On the 26th of June! Where’s that (so-called) global warming?
Look at this map.
- Purple signifies sea-ice thickness of approximately ½ to 1½ meters (20 inches to 5 ft).
- Blue or green signifies 1½ to 3 meters ( 5 ft to 10 ft) of ice.
- Yellow or orange signifies 3 to 4 meters (10 ft to 13 ft) of ice.
- Red signifies 4 to 5 meters (13 ft to 16 ft) of ice.
- White signifies zero thickness of ice.
I don’t see much open water. Do you?
Here’s a map of the Arctic Ocean (the area in light blue) from Wikipedia.
(The Polar Portal is an Arctic monitoring web-site provided by Danish Arctic research institutions.)