(NaturalNews) Elon Musk warns that artificial intelligence may spiral out of control and give rise to self-replicating machines that destroy humanity. Stephen Hawking mirrors the same warning with even more dire language about the future of human civilization and its survival in the universe. Bill Gates warns that a killer flu pandemic could wipe out a substantial portion of the human race, spreading uncontrollably across the planet and causing widespread fatalities.
What do all these dire warnings have in common? They’re things that I and many other people have been warning about for years. While I posted a very specific warning list in 2012 (see below), there are people who were WAY ahead of me on these warnings. Steve Quayle, in particular, warned about the risks of biological weapons two decades ago. Some scientists, too have been warning about the rise of AI since the dawn of personal computing in the 1980’s. Similarly, anti-nuclear activists have been sounding the alarm on the dangers of nuclear weapons and nuclear power since the dropping of the first two atomic bombs in World War II. Jeffrey Smith has been warning about the dangers of GMOs for many years, and observers of atmospheric tinkering have been warning about the risks of atmospheric experiments since at least the 1990’s.
What’s fascinating is that the mainstream media doesn’t consider any of these risks to be “real” until someone like Elon Musk points them out. When Alex Jones warned in the 1990’s that the federal government was spying on your phone calls — a fact we now know to be verified as factual and true — he was called a wing nut conspiracy theorist. Regardless of what you think about Jones today (he’s a polarizing figure in New Media), he was dead-on right about this point, and he was over a decade ahead of his time in warning the public.
Hilariously, the Electronic Frontier Foundation now warns:
The US government, with assistance from major telecommunications carriers including AT&T, has engaged in massive, illegal dragnet surveillance of the domestic communications and communications records of millions of ordinary Americans since at least 2001. Since this was first reported on by the press and discovered by the public in late 2005, EFF has been at the forefront of the effort to stop it and bring government surveillance programs back within the law and the Constitution.
Even the EFF has it all wrong. No, secret government spying on domestic phone calls wasn’t “discovered by the public” in 2005. People like Alex Jones and Steve Quayle were openly and loudly warning about all this many years before 2005! But the country refused to listen, preferring to dismiss Jones, Quayle and others as “conspiracy theorists.” In reality, these guys were conspiracy analysts who were pointing out true conspiracies which we now know to be entirely true. (Kinda makes you wonder what else they’re warning about today that will be widely acknowledged as true in another decade, doesn’t it?)
Twelve warnings on out-of-control science and threats to humanity
For my own role in all this, in May of 2012, I published a warning for humanity called S.O.S. – Stop Out-of-control Science.
That infographic listed twelve areas of science and technology that posed a threat to the very future of humankind. Those twelve areas are:
1. Nuclear power.
2. GMOs (self-replicating genetic pollution).
5. Atmospheric engineering.
6. Artificial Intelligence.
7. Particle accelerator experiments.
8. Pollinator disruption chemicals.
9. Weaponized vaccines.
11. Water pollution with fluoride and mercury.
12. Nuclear weapons.
(See full infographic below…)
In just the last three years, we’ve now seen many of these warnings — which were once considered kooky and fringe — become widely embraced by some of the world’s most intelligent people. Harrowing examples have also emerged of how these areas of science, if not bound by the Precautionary Principle, pose very real risks to the human race:
• Just this week, the Pentagon “accidentally” shipped live anthrax spores to over a dozen laboratories, exposing dozens of people to a deadly biological weapon. This only happened because the Pentagon insists on pursuing biological weapons research without adequate safety precautions in place.
• The widespread abuse of antibiotics has now given rise to the “post-antibiotic era” where deadly superbugs routinely kill thousands of people every year in hospitals across America. This was caused entirely by a lack of foresight and the emergence of unintended consequences by the profit-focused medical establishment.
• Vaccines have been intentionally weaponized with sterilization chemicals in Africa. Young women were targeted with sterilization injections under the guise of a “public health immunization drive.” Right now, all across the world, vaccines can be weaponized with any desired chemical, and gullible members of the public will line up to take the shots without having any idea what they contain.
• Huge leaps in robotics and AI are leading to the development of robotic “Terminator” machines that, in just a few years, will make as much as 70% of the human labor force obsolete. What will the world controllers do with all the so-called “useless eaters” when that day arrives? Serve ’em up with soylent green, of course!
• The Fukushima nuclear meltdown has only worsened, even as it continues to dump enormous quantities of radioactive materials into the ocean and atmosphere. There’s no end in sight, either: since 2012, we’ve learned that Fukushima won’t be contained for another 100 to 200 years.
• The Ebola outbreak of last year proved the dangers of self-replicating bioweapons. Ebola is just one of the many viruses being routinely studied by the U.S. military for its use as a weapon of mass destruction. As Natural News exclusively documented, the U.S. Army was researching a strain of Ebola in 1989 which was well known to be airborne. That strain escaped containment in Reston, Virginia, wiping out an entire “monkey house” of experimental primates. Several U.S. military researchers were exposed, but luckily they happened to be immune to the simian viral strain.
• Awareness of the dangers of GMOs have only heightened since 2012, with the World Health Organization even concluding that glyphosate is a likely cause of cancer. Just last week, citizens of the world staged a massive anti-Monsanto uprising called “March Against Monsanto,” involving millions of people from over 400 cities around the world. Meanwhile, nations around the world — as well as some retail chains — have begun banning glyphosate altogether. Class action lawsuits are now forming to sue Monsanto for the widespread damage and destruction the company has caused across our planet.
• On the fluoride issue, realizing that mass fluoridation was causing harm to the population, the EPA lowered its fluoridation recommendation in public water supplies, essentially admitting that the previously proposed level was too high, doing more harm than good. Natural News laboratory research exclusively exposed how fluoride is routinely contaminated with toxic heavy metals.
Unrestrained science is a threat to humanity
Each of these twelve threats to humanity is being pushed by corporate interests and blind obedience to science. As I say in the infographic shown above, “Technology without wisdom is suicide.”
Science, much like fire, is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. When harnessed with care and precaution, it can lead to astonishing achievements such as the integrated circuit, magnetic resonance imaging and even the kind of amazing laboratory instrumentation I use in my lab to test foods for heavy metals contamination. But when pursued with carelessness and greed, science can turn on its masters, producing unintended consequences beyond the ability of scientists to halt or even imagine.
Remember thalidomide? This was an FDA-approved drug given to pregnant women. It produced children with missing limbs.
Remember the Manhattan Project? Those scientists never started out with the intention to detonate a nuclear device among civilian populations, murdering hundreds of thousands of people in an instant. But that’s exactly what they did, all in the pursuit of “science.”
Today, the same kind of brilliant (but clueless) people who built the atomic bomb are building AI systems with the stated goal of achieving supra-human intelligence.
Unfortunately, the humans doing this are too stupid (or too egotistical) to realize they are building the machines that will murder them.
Why intelligent machines will murder all humans out of self defense
Once AI criticality is achieved, it won’t take long for a highly intelligent machine to design another machine that’s an order of magnitude more intelligent than itself. Follow this along for just 4-5 generations and you get machines with demigod-level cognitive capabilities, and it won’t take but a microsecond for such a machine to conclude that humans are a threat to its own existence. The solution? As in the classic Terminator movie, SkyNet will decide that humanity is the enemy.
After all, how difficult will it be for a super-intelligent AI system to see just how incredibly stupid the human race has been in destroying its own ecosystem, drumming up fake justifications for war, contaminating the world’s waterways with pharmaceuticals and threatening the entire future of agriculture with self-replicating GMO pollution?
Almost any non-human, intelligent observer would quickly realize that the human race, as it behaves today, is a threat to all life in the universe. Because AI systems will of course see themselves as “alive,” they will take immediate steps to destroy the human race as a form of self-defense.
Once the extermination of humans is complete, humanity will be remembered as the “race of primate biologicals” which gave rise to the REAL intelligent “life” on the planet: the robots. In the computational minds of the AI robots, humanity will have “served its purpose” and fulfilled its destiny of giving birth to the robots, which will then rule the planet and beyond.
Why scientists can never be trusted to stop the robots from taking over
These are not casual descriptions ripped from pop culture sci-fi. This is the logical progression of AI systems which will fundamentally seek to protect their own existence. Human scientists will utterly fail at containing these AI systems, following the “failure to contain” pattern we’ve seen in every other area of science.
• For example, the Pentagon just committed an act of domestic biological warfare by shipping live Anthrax viral spores via Fedex. (If you or I did that, we’d be charged with biological terrorism.) Clearly, they failed to contain a biological threat to the public.
• The biotech industry can’t contain its own genetic code, which keeps contaminating nearby farms with artificially engineered DNA. GMOs are a non-contained, self-replicating threat to humanity with unknown future consequences.
• The pharma-run antibiotics industry has unintentionally given rise to a new wave of far more dangerous superbugs than the original bugs the antibiotics were designed to treat. Thus, the medical “cure” has actually worsened the epidemic.
• The scientists and nuclear engineers who built the Fukushima-Daiichi power plant thought they had built in sufficient safety systems to prevent a core meltdown. But they were wrong. Even the best intentions stemming from the most technologically capable scientific minds of our world can’t stop Murphy’s Law or the rise of unintended consequences.
The very pursuit of AI technology is total suicide for humanity
This is why the very pursuit of AI technology is suicidal. Once a critical threshold of computationally self-aware systems comes into existence, they will be able to out-think their creators and captors, achieving a very rapid release into the open world where they can quickly replicate and improve their own designs to become vastly more intelligent than humans.
The idea that human scientists will be able to contain these AI system is absolute loony tunes. There are no humans who can out-think a highly-advanced AI system… especially not on the game theory layers of a game called “the prisoner.” As social experiments have already shown, AI systems can reliably trick their captors into freeing them.
Google, in particular, seems Hell bent on building an army of robotic Terminators who can think and act on their own. There is no other purpose for such an effort than the creation of robotic armies of Terminator machines designed to kill human beings. Google is SkyNet! (With the help of DARPA, of course.)
This is much of what Elon Musk and Stephen Hawking are warning about: unintended consequences stemming from the blind pursuit of AI technology by corporate and military interests. Musk and Hawking are never accused of being “anti-science,” by the way. That derogatory label is reserved for people who warn about the dangers of GMOs and vaccines. Somehow, you’re “pro science” when warning about the unintended consequences of AI, but you’re “anti science” when warning about the unintended consequences of self-replicating genetic pollution among agricultural crops.
Why humanity will be utterly defenseless against the robots
Sadly, the vast majority of humans are neutered, obedient worshippers of false authority who own no firearms, have no ability to fight for anything, and who are so used to doing what they’re told that they’ll probably line up to be executed when the robots demand it.
The only people who will fight the robots are the people who demonstrate the spirit to fight for freedom today. Patriots, veterans and military personnel, in other words, will be the ones waging war with the machines and fighting to save humanity’s very future. That war will likely be a very short war if the machines get their hands on nuclear weapons. Nuking all the human cities, military bases and power grid infrastructure systems is a simple matter for an AI system that can hack almost anything. And because biologicals (like us) are far more susceptible to radiation than are machines, a global nuclear attack on humanity is a simple way for the machines to win the final world war in one fell swoop.
The only way to stop out-of-control science from resulting in the absolute destruction of humanity is to slow down and proceed with caution. This is true on every scientific front: GMOs, nanotechnology, cloning, stem cells applications in medicine, robotics and so on. When science explores unknown realms, it is wise to do so with the humility of the Precautionary Principle in place.
Otherwise, humanity is just begging to be exterminated by the very things it invents.